What can be Done?
- Don't mix up your rubbish. Separate glass, paper, metal and organic waste.
- Buy and use recycled paper products wherever possible. A list of stockists is available from Friends of theEarth.
- Use your own shopping bag. Do not accept plastic carrier bags every time you shop.
- Refuse to buy over-packaged goods. Buy fresh unpackaged food whenever possible.
- Look out for goods in recyclable containers.
- Contact your local authority and ask about their waste disposal and recycling policies.
- Contact Oxfam and other charities to find out what they are collecting.
- Items collected for sale might include aluminium foil, cans, clothing and newspapers.