Year 6 teachers: Here's a great new set of lesson plans!
This suite of lesson plans helps to simplify this challenging topic and includes a range of suggested learning activities, printable resources and key word definitions. To be used with the accompanying Powerpoint presentation which is filled with inspiring images to aid teaching and learning. Key areas covered include:
- Types of fossil and how they are formed
- What fossils tell us about how living things have changed
- How characteristics are passed from parents to offspring
- How animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment
- How adaptation may lead to evolution
- The work of key palaeontologists and scientists, including Darwin
Photo by Hellebardius.