This suite of lessons looks at the environmental threats to our planet & provides plenty of involving interactive tasks to help children understand how they can live more sustainable lives. Suitable for Key Stage 1 & 2, with additional relevance at Key Stage 3. Areas covered:
1. What sustainable development means.
2. Pollution – water, air & land.
3. Over-use of natural resources – overpopulation, deforestation, water shortage & overfishing.
4. Climate change & alternative energies.
5. How we can live more sustainably.
The lesson plans are written to accompany the sustainable development presentation, which is filled with brillant visual resources to facilitate learning and inspire pupils' interest.